1 small onions
75g dried pasta
3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
200ml milk (or non-dairy alternative)
2 tbsp flour
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp Oil
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Finely dice the onions and garlic, chop the courgette into small chunks and roughly tear the kale.
2. Place pasta in a pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Make a note of the cooking time on your packet.
3. Heat the oil in a non stick pan on a high heat. Fry the onions and garlic together for 5 mins. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Stir regularly to prevent onions catching.
4. Add the flour to the pan and mix to coat the onions. Then add the non dairy milk and nutritional yeast, stirring well.
5. Turn down the heat and simmer for a few minutes to let the sauce reduce down, seasoning to taste. (Add more milk or yeast to adjust thickness of the sauce)
6. When the pasta is almost cooked add the kale and courgette to the water for the last few minutes and stir.
7. Once cooked drain the pasta pot and combine with the sauce. For a finishing touch sprinkle your pasta with some extra paprika or yeast flakes. Enjoy!